Due to our annual inventory, any order placed between Wednesday 30 September (12pm CET) and Sunday 11 October will be processed from Monday 12 October morning. Last expeditions to France and the EU on Friday 2 October (03pm CET). Shipping services will resume on Monday 12 October morning. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
Daubigny, painter and engraver, interprets here a Dutch landscape artist to whom he manages to give, faithful to his melancholy, accents in his own personal way. Close to Corot, Daubigny is one of the principal landscape engravers of the 19th century. He also tackled the technique of the glass cliché.
- Date of engraving
- Second Empire (1851-1870). Commande du Louvre de 1853
- Peinture au musée du Louvre
- Size of the sheet of paper
- H. 56 L. 76 cm
- Eau-forte et burin
- Size of the copper plate
- H. 43,3 L. 48,2 cm
- Jacob Van Ruysdael, 1628-1682, Ecole hollandaise
- Charles-François Daubigny, 1817-1878, France
- Paris - Réunion des musées nationaux- Grand Palais
- Painting, Landscape
- Art movement
- 17th century